Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues after upgrade to 2022.3.1.450 Patch 2

kimc745
8 - Asteroid

I recently upgraded from 2022.1 to 2022.3.1.450 Patch 2 and now my application is not working properly.  I added an input file, then a select tool then a data cleansing tool.  I selected one item from the data cleansing tool options to clean and only changes were to remove white space around and new lines and convert to upper.  I then added a second data cleansing tool to handle the white space for the rest of the fields - however - there were no fields in the list to choose.  After the second data cleansing I wanted to filter on a single condition.  I deleted the second data cleansing tool and added the filter and the filter showed no fields as options.  Everything is blank.  

I also opened the example from the tool menu and ran it.  I attempted to put a second data cleansing tool and connected it and no fields were on that tool to select either.  Attempted to go to support portal as I have a license that was reassigned to me from a former coworker and cannot submit a case.  This is very bad as we are trying to prove the use of alteryx for continued renewal.  Any ideas?

Also to note, I cannot install or tweak settings as I don't have admin privileges on my laptop.

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kimc745 - During design phase, sometimes, tools can't pass through metadata. That is why you can't see the columns. This is however easily solved, if you will run your workflow once. Then you will be able to configure the second Data Cleansing tool.

Also, even though Data Cleansing is an easy to use tool, in some cases to improve performance you may want to consider using a Formula.

kimc745
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.  That worked.   A side note, is there a resource online that give me depth to the formulas available?  As I am learning Alteryx, I often know what I want to do but how to use the formulas properly has been a bit of a challenge.  The help files are okay but I am looking more like a data sheet where you can see them all versus fishing for them?  I figure it is out there somewhere, I just haven't hit on it yet.  

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@kimc745 - You can review all functions in either the documentation or in the tool: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/functions 

ArtApa_0-1682108524657.png

Labels