Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Is this possible in Alteryx? Reorder data based on xyz coordinate positions.

salvador_ian
7 - Meteor

To community members,

I'm new at Alteryx and curious if it is possible to use Alteryx in this way.

I have a set of Data where the Center point and End points of each "Type" is given.

Using this information, along with possible start points and end points, can each type be reordered to create a line like structure?

I have attached a sample data in excel, feel free to use it and tell me if the sample data is lacking.

Notes:

In the sample data, there is a given of 4 start/end points so there is 2 possible line structure and the expected output is 2 separate order of each "type".

The 4 start/end coordinates are under the "type":2 coordinates under "End-Position", 1 coordinate under "End-Connection" and 1 coordinate under "Split-Type" under the column of "Branch Point"

-"Split-Type" indicates a part of line where it branches to 2 line structures.

-"Edge-Type" indicates a point in the line where it turns (like a 90 degree or 45 degree angle)

-"TypeA, etc" are 2 points in the line where it is straight  (either x, y, or z will only change in the 2 coordinates given) 

There are 2 goals:

to separate the "type" to which line structure using their coordinates.

to organize each "type" in order according to their given coordinates. 

Lastly, I'm sorry if I explained all of this properly, I tried adding information as much as possible but if there are parts that are unclear, please ask a question and I'll try to explain as much as possible.

Thank you very much in advance for those who will try to answer!

Best Regards,

Ian

1 REPLY 1
salvador_ian
7 - Meteor

To community members,

As I was making may workflow too, I realized that the sample data was not enough. 

I have added new TYPES so we can identify the direction of the desired order in the output.

"Line-Connection-Type" - is what we can imagine the "Lines" in the line structure we are trying to make the

"Type End Point 1" and "Type End Point 2" of this is same and connected to other Types such as "Edge-Type" etc.

"Direction-Indicator" - Identifies the direction of the line structure. The coordinates of "Direction-Indicator" overlaps with the

"Line-Connection-Type" from "Type End Point 1" to "Type End Point 2". If the value of "Flow" is "1" then the direction is from "Type End Point 1" to "Type End Point 2" but if "2" then the direction is "Type End Point 2" to "Type End Point 1"

I hope this helps. If some parts need clarification, please ask and I'll do my best to explain further. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ian

Labels