Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to multiply an integer number with a date?

Aloksoni
5 - Atom

number can be pretty big, for ex, 123,568 * 01/04/2025

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Aloksoni 
How would the result look like?

Dont get how the multiplying would work with Date?

Aloksoni
5 - Atom

Result should be in numbers, and it should work in the same way as multiplying works in excel, so 123568 * 01/04/2025 should be 5652988864. For now what I've done is, since excel multiplies by converting date to an integer by generating the number of days of the date from 00/01/1900 to the particular date, so I used dateTimeDiff in Alteryx to generate difference b/w 01/04/2025 and 01/01/1900 and added 2 to the number of days (+1 because 01 instead of 00, and another +1 because I think Alteryx is carrying 1 extra day (tested in excel)). Then I just multiplied it by the required amount, let me know if there are any flaws with the logic

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Aloksoni 
I dont think there is any issue with your logic and your approach.
i have also acutally noticed that there is some inconsistency there.
The best we can do is that maybe we can compensate 1 day in the formula?
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Inconsistency-for-Calculating-Excel-Da...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels