Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Columns as Parameters

JordanMcGrath
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am trying to measure if the 'Result' column is within the parameters of the 'Min' and 'Max' columns, these parameters aren't always the same for each row.

I then want to add a column to the right of the 'Result' column where if it's within the parameters for it to say "Yes" and if it's out of the parameters for the column to say "No".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
kenkie
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Langafelt, not sure if I understand it correctly, but can you take a look at my solution if this is what you need.

kenkie_0-1636393121738.png

JordanMcGrath
5 - Atom

Hi Kenkie, 

Apologies for not explaining clearly but you definitely got what I was looking for.

Having a small issue though as the formula doesn't seem to work for me. When I input it, it always comes up with an error on the first '>=' saying that its an 'invalid type in operator'. 

Not sure what the problem is. 

TSP
8 - Asteroid

@JordanMcGrathcan you check that your Result, Min & Max fields are all numeric field types?

If you have any of those fields recognised as Text (String, VW_String) etc then you'll encounter an error.

You can test this by using a select tool prior to your formula tool.

TSP

JordanMcGrath
5 - Atom

Superb! It's always the simplest of things!! That's fixed it.

Thanks for the help, @Kenkie and @TSP. 

Labels