Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is an iterative Macro needed?

RAM-ler
6 - Meteoroid

Hello together,

I am still a beginner in Alteryx and I would appreciate your help:

In the file below I have written the Child ID... and I want a workflow that gets me the respectiv Parent ID, which is mostly build as the Child ID but without the last segment (see attached file). How can I do that dynamically? Do you have a good idea for that?  

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@RAM-ler 
If you want to generate a Parent-child hierarchy we can use this macro.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Hierarchy-Generation-Macro/ta-p/880709

0721-RAM-ler.png

KGT
11 - Bolide

Are you just trying to knock the last segment off?

Trimright([ChildID],".") and then find the last Full Stop and trim that with Left([ChildID],Length([ChildID])-Findstring(ReverseString([ChildID]),"."))

RAM-ler
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu Thats wonderfull, that really worked out!!! Thanks a lot!
Best regards, 

Baraa

RAM-ler
6 - Meteoroid

@KGT yes exactly, thats what I am trying to do... and I tried that your suggestion a lot but it did not work 

KGT
11 - Bolide

In that screenshot, the second formula needs to act on the result of the first formula. I probably didn't show that well in text.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels