Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Invalid Date Selection - Interface Tool Error

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

I have two options for entering a date, "specific date" or "date range". However, in the Alteryx Server, when I choose to use a "date range", I get an error from the specific date interface tool saying the entered date is invalid. Any thoughts on how to work around this to present the end user multiple options?

Interface Setup.PNG

Interface Designer.PNG

Error Message.PNG

  

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @garretwalters12 

What's the format of the dates used in your dataset?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @garretwalters12 

I would recommend changing the column data types to data type format in order to utilize these columns within an analytical app. 

asmith314
8 - Asteroid

I had the same scenario where I had situational date entry. If option 1 "contract" was was selected, use dates passed, if option 2 "client group" was selected, prompt user to enter dates. With the date format set to the data type of date, it worked fine on my machine but when I tried to run it from the Gallery with contract selected (did not require user to enter dates) I received the same error message from the user interface tools indicating that the dates were invalid. I did as @PanPP suggested and changes the date format flowing through the workflow to a string value in both places and now I am past this issue on the Gallery! Thanks!

2023-07-12_09-30-37.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels