Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Interface to add columns

aguustg
メテオロイド

Hi, what I am trying to do is that columns can be added to a report according to what the user selects in a list box. Then this joins with other report already worked. The problem is that when testing it it doesn't matter what options you select in the interface, it always adds all the columns that the list has

list box.png

4件の返信4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aguustg ,

Seems like you are doing everything right with the interface tool configuration.

One possibility is that the columns are coming from the other part of the workflow and you can control that by using the below option in the union tool.

fmvizcaino_0-1585690722692.png

Example attached as well.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

aguustg
メテオロイド

Hi @, thank you very much for the answer
I tried it in Auto Config by Name but there are no common fields there since the columns of the list box are different from the part I want to join. By position removes columns from the original report, for example the original that joins below has 10 columns, I give the option to add 4 and when I export it I have 4 columns left. And manually it results in the initial problem

Best regards,

Agus

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aguustg ,

Since you don't have common columns in both connections of your union, it should be working your list box configuration.

Have you checked mine to see if you have configured as it should?

Also, if possible, would you be able to share your workflow and a sample dataset to check what is really going on?

Best,

Fernando V.

aguustg
メテオロイド

Hi Fernando,

I was able to fix it. I attach an image of the configuration of the union tool. Anyway thank you very much for the help and the quick response!

aguustg_0-1585697835197.png

Best,

Agus

ラベル