Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interactive Chart X-Axis range not changing with data

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I have an Interactive chart that gets sent out in an email as a static image, but I can't get the X-Axis to match the date range.

For example: The date range for the data entering the tool is 2/26/2023 - 4/16/2023, but as you can see the X axis range is from 07/10/2022 - 4/16/2023. The "lines" are plotted correctly based on the data, but the X Axis range goes back much further than the data.

Right now the range is set to Auto. I know you can set a custom range, but I need to do this dynamically as this chart is only supposed to show the "previous 8 weeks from today"; which is why the data-set going into it is that way.

Why would the chart go back almost an entire year when the data going into the tool is only from the last 8 weeks?

How can I dynamically set the X Axis range?

screenshot.png

Thanks,

Craig

4 REPLIES 4
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @csh8428 are you able to share the workflow or some sample data?

Check to ensure the X-Axis values are in a date datatype and ensure you have a filter that filters any records that are in a period you arent looking to bring in.

csh8428
11 - Bolide

@gautiergodard 

Yes, the data type = Date and it' sonly the date range I want. There are only 8 records going into it with a date range of Feb 2023 to April 2023.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Are you able to share some sample data? I would like to replicate the scenario on my end.

csh8428
11 - Bolide

@gautiergodard 

Here's a packaged workbook with the data. It's the exact same data structure(columns and rows) and tools from the workflow., except the data itself has been anonymized.

Labels