Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input of file stalls around 21% of total (45M records inputted of 216M)

cgeitz
5 - Atom

Hi all - the file I'm trying to input is a fixed-width .txt file. I have tried loading this in as a CSV that's pipe-delimited, and a flat-file, as well as a CSV without delimiters. Every time the workflow will stall when the input node is around 45 million records when I know from a previous row count that the file is 216 million - the workflow even says it is only 21% loaded.  Eventually, the workflow times out and says it is complete without providing any errors or warnings. I know it's not the workflow because this has worked on the same type of file with more rows - with the same schema.  Does anyone know why this may be happening? 

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is it possible that the file itself is corrupted? Can you try to get a new export of that CSV and see if it happens again? 

Labels