Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input data ended by a downstream tool issue

Hellow
6 - Meteoroid

I am facing an issue when I try to read the first row in alteryx. When alteryx reads the first file it said that the "limit is reached". And when Alteryx is trying to read the other files I get the message "ended by a downstream tool".

8 REPLIES 8
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Hellow 

by configuring the input data tools you only want to read the column names

Due to this configuration you are getting this message

record limit = 1

Hellow
6 - Meteoroid

the issue is not that I read only the first row. That is what I want.

The issue is that Alteryx is only importing 1 txt file. And all the other not. 

Hellow_0-1685112038959.png

The green box is the file that is been imported in Alteryx. And the red box not. I assume it is because Alteryxs says "ended by a downsream tool".

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Hellow 

Are all those that didn't import the same type as the csv that you imported?

Hellow
6 - Meteoroid

correct all the same files. I can only import them with all the rows (what I dont wont because the files are 1gb each). This is the first time that I am facing this issue.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

right after the input data you have a browse tool?

What is your Alteryx version?

Hellow
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the version 2022.3.1.395. I tried it also with a browse tool after the import. Same issue.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Hellow 

Why do you use \0 as a delimiter?

have you checked in a text editor which file you can import and which one you cannot import?

For testing put an output tool to record the data

Hellow
6 - Meteoroid

I got a 3 character delimiter. Alteryx doesn't allow that. The issue is only there when I try to import 1 row of each file. 

When I import all rows for all the files. I don't get this issue.  I have done it a 100 time never saw this issue. This is the first time that I am facing it.

Labels