Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In db filter not working with Vertica when creating new fields

Kelkomano27
6 - Meteoroid

I'm working with Vertica in DB. I created a new field which is simply the year difference between two dates. The field is created with no issue as an int64 as expected. Then I tried to filter by those with a difference over 7 years but for some reason in database filter throws an error when using new fields, this does not happen when filtering using fields already existing in the database. I have tried all possible casting but I don't know what the issue is. Any help?

Kelkomano27_0-1686368111897.png

13 REPLIES 13
Kelkomano27
6 - Meteoroid

I haven't I would give it a try

Kelkomano27
6 - Meteoroid

I'm simply grouping by one field but this error appears not matter which field you are grouping by or the type of aggregation

Kelkomano27_0-1686591829372.png

Kelkomano27
6 - Meteoroid

I'm not casting them because all of the fields appear to have the correct data type according to the metadata I see.

Kelkomano27
6 - Meteoroid

The issue was solved by using a limit clause in the query. The issue is not the actual amount of data but not having the limit clause. Once I added this the workflow ran with no issue. As someone mentioned above these issues are hard to diagnose given the fact that the error I was getting does not have anything to do with the actual problem 

Kelkomano27_0-1686605967029.png

Kelkomano27_1-1686606001976.png

Labels