Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In-Database Learning Path

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hello community,🙂

Does anyone know if there is a resource that is similar to a learning path much like with interface tools but for In-DB tools with real-life examples using different databases or data from excel or text files that are streamed in BDD?

Thanks in advance people

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Emmanuel_G 

To contribute with the topic, if you take a look at page 8 of the prep material for the expert certification, you will see what they recommend to take a look about the in db components :)

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Alteryx+Expert+Certification+Exam+Prep+Guide.pdf

As far as i know, they do not have any learning path for this subject, so i would say that this is probably the best official material that you will find.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Emmanuel_G 

@Felipe_Ribeir0 is right. I strongly recommend you to go over the Prep Guide. All functions covered in the guide can be present in the exam.

With that being said, what you can do to play with the In-DB tools is to install SQL Server Express on your machine, or use the AWS Free Tier (some configuration needed).

I often use AdventureWorks as a database since it contains good data to use it as a playground.

Cheers,

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Thanks you both ! So I will take a look at pages of expert certification. Thank you for the link @Thableaus 🙂

Labels