Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In DB Workflow Error

rbanalytics
5 - Atom

Hello ,

I have set of workflows with In DB Tools doing multiple joins and aggregations. all these workflows stopped working after running from a new machine.   After debugging I did see query generated from Alteryx was using Left and Right as Alias names for sub quires and Teradata is not likening it as they are reserved words/function names.

Does anyone has any insights into this error ?

Below is the error :

Error: Formula In-DB (18): Error SQLPrepare: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database](-3707)Syntax error, expected something like '(' between the 'Left' keyword and '.'.

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post a screen grab of the configuration of your formula in-db tool. LEFT and RIGHT are standard SQL commands. sounds like there is an error in your formula syntax.

rbanalytics
5 - Atom

Thanks for your quick response but I am not really using any LEFT or RIGHT function in my workflow.  These words are used as sub query alias names in final query generated by Alteryx.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I've never seen that. I use Formula tools after JOIN-IN-DB and I don't see this error. If you share a screen grab that would help.

sometimes with in-db you have to close/open. I was getting some funky error with datastream out and had to delete datastream out and then put it back on the canvas.

rbanalytics
5 - Atom

yeah this is so weird to me as well and infact same workflows were running absolutely fine and I am seeing this error after running from new laptop with same drivers.

Below is the workflow process flow.

rbanalytics_0-1644427991903.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Here's what I'd do.

delete the formula in-db.

run workflow.

add the formula in-db back.

rbanalytics
5 - Atom

yup , That's exactly I did as first debug step but same issue.  Here are things I tried so far.

• Remove all steps and apply first join but same error
  • Remove formula in DB step and re run but same error.
  • Removed everything except first join and added Dynamic Output In DB and Browse to validate Alteryx generated query. Generated query was not able to run even on Tetadata SQL Assistant. 

That's is when I was able to find that Alteryx generated query was using "Left" and "Right" aliases for subqueries. Not sure why if there is way to override Alias names.

Labels