Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Importing datetime from Excel issues

patman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I've been scratching my brain on this for a few hours and I'm curious is there a better/simpler way to solve the problem.

In a nutshell, I'm importing datatime data from excel(xlsx) file which is in the dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss format, which for the most part is absolutely fine.  Alteryx is reading the base data in excel and importing as desired.  Eg when the stored serial value contains a referenceable date and time.

Where I'm coming across a problem, is when the datetime includes a midnight.  The serial value in excel only holds information pertaining to the date, nothing to indicate the time was midnight (00:00:00).  Thus Alteryx correctly reads the stored date and imports it.

Eg 09/10/2020 00:00:00 is stored as 44113 and imported as 09/10/2020, because the serial value of the datetime is 44113

Currently my thoughts to solve this are create a formula to manually add the time portion back in.  I'm curious as to how others might go about solving this?

1 REPLY 1
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@patman 

I think a simple conversion of the column from a 'Date' to 'Datetime' should do the trick.

A select tool can be used for this.

Please find attached a sample.

Best,

Jagdeesh

Labels