Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import row after text match in particular cell

ck2024
9 - Comet

Hi everyone

Not sure how to do this, but I have a bunch of files with a lot of detail in but I only really need to get the data from the row after the row that contains the text "journal entry" as attached. 

I tried a multi-row formula to create generate a value with "TRUE" if there was a match, with the intention of then filling down and applying a filter to only the true values but I couldn;t get it to work - ideally the true value would have been 1 cell down i.e row+1= TRUE but couldn't get that to work either!

Thanks for looking!

Cass

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Theres a few ways round this one, I would do something like...

1. RecordID data

2. Filter to row that contains journal entry. Then use a select tool to select only the recordID value and rename it 'filter above this'

3. Append the single value from 2 against your entire RecordID'd dataset from 1

4. Use a filter tool to only keep rows where the recordID is above the 'filter above this' value.

I cant see your multi row solution but if you want to perform a 'fill down' you must use the 'update existing field' option and then it should be simply [Row-1: truefield]

Ben
ck2024
9 - Comet

Excellent - that worked nicely!  Thanks a lot

Labels