Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Import Excel with multiple sheets

BecclesBen
7 - Meteor

Hi - i've been searching through the community but can't really find what I need, so thought i'd ask.

I want users to be able to import an Excel file which will have multiple tabs (they will always be names the same though may include a couple of extra tabs occasionally - but i'm only interested in some of them) - I then want to process each tab in a different way - i've added the workflow. I only want to user to select the file they want processed if that's possible?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BecclesBen ,

This question is asked a few times a week so there are many responses which answer this.

You can find one HERE.

This allows you to import filenames and sheet names of all Excel files in a given directory with sub-directories, you can then filter the ones you want.

Remember, importing them all at the same time will union together, so those that have different schemas you can separate out and drop the unwanted columns.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @BecclesBen ,

Looking at your workflow it seems you already know a lot :-). Basically, if you want users to select just one file for processing, you can utilize radio buttons in your interface. Connect those radio buttons to containers to only enable the container that is connected to the radio button that is selected by the user. In this way, only that stream will be processed. I added the idea to just two of your streams so you can understand the mechanics of it :-).

Sebastiaandb_0-1667298011809.png

Greetings,

Seb

Labels