Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Image Input tool error

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an error when trying to use the Image Input tool from the Computer Vision palette to read in a PDF; I have the Intelligence Suite license. The error occurs in both 2021.3 and 2021.4 versions of Designer and is occurring on multiple computers in the department. Admin and nonadmin versions of Designer have been tested and fail.

This tool worked fine until recently.

In the Results Workflow Messages:

Error: Image Input (3): Unexpected error occurred in plugin please see log file: ....\AppData\Local\Alteryx\Log\PDFInput3.log

The PDFInput log files are all pretty similar to this example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\connection_callback_strategy.py", line 130, in connection_closed_callback
    self.plugin_proxy.plugin_driver.on_complete()
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_plugin_driver.py", line 63, in on_complete
    self._user_plugin.on_complete()
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ais_utils\plugin_io\warning_propagation.py", line 87, in wrapped
    raise e
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ais_utils\plugin_io\warning_propagation.py", line 64, in wrapped
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ais_utils\plugin_io\plugin_error_utils.py", line 51, in wrapped
    raise e
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ais_utils\plugin_io\plugin_error_utils.py", line 43, in wrapped
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_computer_vision_toolkit\tools\pdf_input.py", line 70, in on_complete
    self.output_anchor.write(self.output_packet)
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_output_anchor.py", line 108, in write
    self._output_anchor_proxy.push_records(
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_output_anchor_proxy.py", line 92, in _push_records
    for record_creator in record_creators:
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_output_anchor.py", line 145, in generate_records_from_df
    fields = [field_map[column_name] for column_name in columns]
  File "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_plugin_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_output_anchor.py", line 145, in <listcomp>
    fields = [field_map[column_name] for column_name in columns]
KeyError: 'file'

As a test, the Intelligence Suite tools were also installed on our Alteryx server and a workflow with the Image Input tool was published to the gallery. When the workflow is run from the gallery this error is also thrown.

Whats up with these python plugins and how might I go about fixing them? Thanks guys!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you confirm that you are running a 2021.4 or lower version of Intelligence Suite? This would be the most obvious culprit. If this is not the issue,I'd recommend doing the following:

1) install any patches for 2021.4 that you can find.

2) uninstall intelligence suite 2021.4/3.

3) reinstall intelligence suite 2021.4/3

if the error persists contact your Alteryx Rep.

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Hey apathetichell, thank you for your suggestions, at the time of posting I had already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the tools up to the point of uninstalling designer altogether. I did contact alteryx about the problem and the representative was able to send an acceptable workaround. 

For anyone else experiencing this issue here is the resolution that did work:

Screenshot 2023-06-20 090946.png

Cheers!

Labels