Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If field is blank error

CRogers22
7 - Meteor

Hello,

So I'm working on a formula where the dates where Null and I cleansed it to blanks but need a specific output if the days are empty. I currently have below but it is malformed. Any suggestions?

IF ToNumber([Days Between])<=30 Then 'Pass'
Elseif ([Days Between])>30 Then 'Reseach'
Elseif IsEmpty([Days Between]) Then 'N/A'
Else 'Research' ENDIF

I Used this to get my 'Days Between' If that's needed.

DateTimeDiff([Appraisal_Sent_To_Applicant_Date],[Appraisal_Received_Date],'Days')

Thanks in advance for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

In the first part of your statement you use ToNumber on Days Between, but you dont do this for the second part. I believe this will be your issue.

Either use the ToNumber function again, or put speech marks around the 30 and treat it as text  😊

Also in the formula where you have created the Days between, you will be able to select if you want the output to be treated as a string or an int etc. So perhaps setting it to int there will be your better option, and drop the ToNumber function all together

Happy Alteryxing

CRogers22
7 - Meteor

Thank you that corrected the formula but its still showing blanks as Pass. how do I handle Empty cells?

Deano478
12 - Quasar

Howdy @CRogers22 feel free to give this a go and let me know what happens: 

IF ToNumber([Days Between]) <= 30 THEN 'Pass'
ELSEIF ToNumber([Days Between]) > 30 THEN 'Research'
ELSEIF IsEmpty([Days Between]) THEN 'N/A'
ELSE 'Research' ENDIF

CRogers22
7 - Meteor
Days BetweenAutomated Results
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass
 Pass

Still returning Pass for blank cells

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I would try swapping the IsEmpty for IsNull, but I would also question why the DateTimeDiff function was returning nothing, are you able to share an example of the data?

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

IF
Isempty([DaysBetween])
THEN
'N/A'
ELSEIF
ToNumber([DaysBetween]) <= 30
THEN
'Pass'
ELSE
'Research'
ENDIF

Changing the order has fixed it on my end, I guess empty is less than 30, but if we check for that first it will mark it as N/A
This was also removes the need for the >30 check as it has the same output as the else

CRogers22
7 - Meteor
Appraisal_Received_DateAppraisal_Sent_To_Applicant_DateDays BetweenAutomated Results
2024-05-01  Pass
2024-05-31  Pass
 2024-06-03 Pass
2024-05-21  Pass
2024-05-31  Pass
2024-05-31  Pass
2024-04-16  Pass
2024-05-24  Pass
2024-05-24  Pass

Its returning nothing because it was Null for the missing date, with the cleanse it made those Cells blank.

CRogers22
7 - Meteor

This fixed it! thank you!

Labels