Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Identifying Items to Fulfill (100% Complete) the Most Baskets

daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey All,

Looking for some advice on how to handle this problem.

I am needing to identify the most optimal set of items that will 100% fulfill the most baskets.  Each basket has its own unique "itemset" or "combination of items"..  With this data, I am needing to identify the "itemsets" that fulfill the most baskets based on the input # of unique items we are looking to pull out.   For example, if I am looking to identify only 10 items that fulfill the most baskets, I must select "itemsets" that do not exceed the unique combination of 10 items in summary.

My raw data is attached.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

The attached data is sample data.  My dataset is much larger.  Thanks.

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @daltonhuneycutt ,

I just want to clarify. Are you trying to see which item is used the most out within the different sets? Or if a set has less than 10 items, you want to look at it?

I attached a workflow with both cases

If not, can you explain what you mean a little more? Or provide an expected output based on your sample data?

If this solved your problem, please make sure to mark as a solution.

Thanks,

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey,

Thanks for your quick response!  I am unable to import your model because I am on a older version of alteryx.

To keep it simple, I'm just needing to identify ten items that complete the most number of baskets within these 15 baskets. For example, is there a ten item combination that fills 100% 6 of these 15 baskets?  If so, is that the best outcome possible? Or is there another 10 itemset that fills more baskets?  I also need to be able to change that limiting factor of 10 items to possibly 7 if I am only willing to accommodate for 7 items.

daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

I would like to open your posted model though.  Is there a way to get around us operating on different alteryx versions?

Thank you!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version are you on? I will convert it

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Alteryx version 2019.4

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached 🙂 

Carli
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Carli,

This is not quite what I am looking for.  I am needing to find a set of items that meet my parameter count of 10 that fulfills the most baskets to their entirety.  Then if I change that limit to 8, the model needs to be able to find me a list of 8 items that completes the most baskets.  The top 10 items from a % of presence within baskets is not the same as the most optimal set of 10 items the completes the most baskets in their entirety.

I apologize if I am not clear.

Thanks for your help!

Labels