Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF AND OR Formula

Klachner
7 - Meteor

I need help with the following formula

if [countdistinct_entity] = 1 AND IF Contains([receiving_entity],"X") OR contains([receiving_entity],"Y") THEN "X" ELSE "Keep" ENDIF

9 REPLIES 9
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

if [countdistinct_entity] = 1 AND REGEX_Match([receiving_entity],".*(X|Y).*") THEN "X" ELSE "Keep" ENDIF

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Klachner 

IF [countdistinct_entity] = 1 
AND  
(Contains([receiving_entity],"X") OR contains([receiving_entity],"Y"))
 THEN "X" 
ELSE "Keep"
ENDIF
Klachner
7 - Meteor

The formula doesn't seem to be working consistently. It is pulling some [Countdistinct_receiving_entity] = 3 with the receiving entity being either x or y and giving it a "X"

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

It shouldnt be.

image.pngimage.png

Klachner
7 - Meteor

Is that a "/" or a straight up and down line?

Klachner
7 - Meteor

Here is a screenshot

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Straight up and down. Not sure what it italicizes it in the formula box. Its the key above the Enter key on the keyboard. 

Klachner
7 - Meteor

That was my issue thank you. Going forward where do I find the straight up and down line on my keyboard?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

I had edited my comment after submitting it, but its the key above your Enter Key. Hold Shift on the \ key. 

Labels