Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use Multi-Row Formula across more than one field

Cen64
7 - Meteor

Hi

I would like to pull down data for more than one field

I have seen the helpful advice on how to use the Multi-Row Formula tool to accomplish pulling down data for one field; how do I pull data down for several fields without having to generate multiple Multi-Row Formula tools?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Cen64 as standard, this isn't possible and requires some additional workarounds. One approach is to Transpose your data before using the grouping functionality in a Multi-Row formula and then re-Cross-tabbing. However, I saw on a similar request recently that @patrick_digan has actually created a Multi-Row-Field macro which combines the best features of both. Perhaps that'd be suitable for your requirement?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Multi-Row-Field-Column-Macro-example/ta-p/...

Labels