Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to schedule a workflow to run on a bi-weekly basis?

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

How do I schedule a workflow to run on a bi-weekly basis?

Currently, there is no such option provided and it would be nice if this was added into the scheduler design.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
BlestDuck24
5 - Atom

To truly get my workflow to publish every 14 days (every other Friday), I had to use a Detour tool macro that checks if the a publish flag is set to 'True' or 'False'. If [Today] = [Next Publish Date], then Publish flag is 'True' and the workflow takes the path to the right. Configure this right path to publish a report or whatever you need, as well as update the 'Last Publish Date' file.

When the Publish flag is 'False', the workflow takes the left path with no reporting or output tools so nothing happens. Schedule to run daily and only when [Today] = [Next Publish Date] is 'True' will any output or report actually publish.

64fd6703-110f-4ec9-a270-2688435b2c8a.png

Macro Setup.PNG

leocarne
5 - Atom

Hello,

Simply set a schedule to run every 336 hours.

(336 hours = 24h x 14d)

Best regards,

Léo Carné

Voska
8 - Asteroid

There is actually a pretty simple work around.  If you don't mind the workflow running every week and just not doing anything for half the weeks.  Put a filter right after your inputs and add something like this:

mod(tonumber(datetimeformat(datetimetoday(),'%W')),2) = 0 //run on even weeks

or

mod(tonumber(datetimeformat(datetimetoday(),'%W')),2) = 1 //run on odd weeks

Denier2004
5 - Atom

That's How I did it when I needed to run a job every 28 days.  Set it to 672 Hours

Labels