Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to move a column to the end with dynamic select tool

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have used a dynamic input tool to change some of my column names according to the current date.

Say column D and column E are two dynamic-header columns. What I want to do is always make sure the [Change by product weekly] column is the last column.

current situation when the header of D and E column changes dynamically, [Change by product weekly] would move forward.

Paddi_1-1671763412563.png

what Alteryx need to do: ensure [Change by product weekly] is the last column.

Paddi_0-1671763306867.png

Can you kindly help me with this issue? Thank you so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
I usually perform something like below.

1223-Paddi.PNG

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hihi @Qiu ,

Thanks for your answer, it works well for the sample data. However, in real case it is actually other column headers like 

[Orange] [Pear] [Apple] [Lemon] [Change by product weekly], and I do not want any change in sequence for other headers, just want to ensure that [Change by product weekly] is the last column, and other columns should remain their original sequences, do you know how to do that? Thank you again~

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Why don't you try it with the SELECT Tool?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
Thank you for your feedback.

I think we can add one Tile tool then something like below.

In this case, it will keep the orignal order of columns and move only [Change by product weekly] to end .

1223-tanvir_khan-r1.PNG

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Your solution works perfectly. Thank you so much, and learned a lot from this case!

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KrishnaChithrathil ,

The select tool does not work because the column headers would change dynamically, and a select tool cannot ensure that a specific column is the last one under this circumstance. Thank you~

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
Glad to help and thank you for letting know.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Paddi 

Another lively way for you:

录制_2022_12_24_15_38_38_516.gif

Labels