Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to make 7 tabs in single Alteryx output

SahadhKuruniyan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have seven output tabs from a flow and I want all 7 tabs to be included in one single output file. I can't use "Block until done" as we have more than 3 tabs. Can anyone please help me. Attaching screenshot for reference

7 REPLIES 7
MilindG
12 - Quasar

@SahadhKuruniyan 

Create a path field with a formula tool for which data needs to go to which sheet, then replace the entire path. Also you could use multiple block until done tools but Id go with the 1st option.

SahadhKuruniyan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for response, I am new to aleryx can you please me with an example

MilindG
12 - Quasar
JoshuaM
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SahadhKuruniyan 

I am assuming by output tabs you are referring to the output tools in your screen shot. And I am inferring that when you say one single output you are indicating that a single file should be updated.

Without further context on your specific dataset/ structure, I would advise the following. 

• Read in the 7 input files via a dynamic input tool and create (formula tool) a field identifying the sheet name. Output to a single file (output tool) and take table name from sheet name.
  • Union all the Text input nodes you have in your screen shot with a Union Tool. Use a formula tool to tag the sheet name. Perform the same output operation as above.
SahadhKuruniyan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty new to Alteryx. I am getting error message in formula tool.

My file path is : C:\Users\Sahadh.Kuruniyan\Downloads\Output

File name : Consolidated view

Tab name 1 : Layer 1

Tab name 2 : Layer 2

SahadhKuruniyan
8 - Asteroid

@MilindG , can you please help again

MilindG
12 - Quasar

@SahadhKuruniyan See if the attach workflow works for you. Just make sure your filepath is correct

Labels