Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to group data based on dynamic names

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a column with names which change on a periodic basis, I want to split or group data based on unique names.

Like Alex name might be coming 4 times in that column in different rows, John might be coming 3 times etc.

All 1 name data should be together in 1 flow which will go in 1 output

Rest all the different names will be grouped separately in the same way to output as different files.

Names keep on changing so can't put filter directly on name.

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Isha_Gupta @Would you bel able to provide a sample input file and expected output result?

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

IMG_20230823_193751.jpg

@binuacs this is arbitrary input I created. Notice the last column with names, the names are repeating for different IDs or they could be unique.

I need to split this data into multiple outputs based on names.

So 1 output would be meant for Alex with only 1,2 ID rows in that output.

Only 3rd ID row will be output to be sent to Ben.

4,5,6 ID rows will come in 3rd data stream meant for James.

The names are dynamic, not fixed, might change tomorrow. Alex might be replaced with Dan so can't use filters applied on names.

And there are 1000 rows with around 81 unique names with 1-15 ID rows so around 81 outputs would be created with corresponding data.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Isha_Gupta are you looking for the output in the different tabs (each tab for each names) of the same excel file or one excel file per name?

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Looking as different files as they will be ultimately sent to relevant names with their data.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Isha_Gupta one way of doing this

image.png

Isha_Gupta
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, it worked.

Labels