Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a Dynamic E-mail subject based on a date in Gallery Workflow on schedule

grromerro
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am creating a very simple workflow for a month-to-date data to be sent to a customer on a weekly basis.

This workflow will be on Gallery and on schedule to run automatically every Monday and the last day of the month. 

I already configured the email tool with the subject to be used for the weekly report, but I need the subject to specifically say "Final Report for MONTH" in the last report of the month. 

Does anyone know how to do this dynamically if my workflow is on schedule?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @grromerro,

You can use the formulas "DateTimeToday()" and "DateTimeLastOfMonth()" to get the required dates. See the attached WF.

grromerro
7 - Meteor

This is great @FrederikE , I tried with my data and I got an error as I am feeding from a Basic Table Tool to generate a report in a pretty format. When I select the "Use Field" option in the subject, I get the error "No valid Fields". How can this solution be applied to emails that have to attach a file first? Thank you so much.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @grromerro,

If you change the tool order (first table then formula) you will get the field as a string type. The Mail tool willl be able to use this as the header. Doesn't work if it is a Report Type column. 

grromerro
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your help and your time! It worked perfectly. 

Labels