Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to connect 2 chained apps

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

hello everyone,

i have 2 apps and i want to connect them together. The first app has only a table(Unioned From different excel files).

1)Must an App end with a output tool or reporting tools?Or it can end with a Select tool (For Example)

2)How to get information in the Second App? I want to do some works on it(Changing data types and so on)

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MostafaBouzari,

To connect two apps you would need to use the interface designer and tell the first app to 'on success, run another application'.

To enter the data from the first app into the second app you would need to write an output on app1 and read it on app2.

you can end a workflow in a select, but that won't do anything since the data won't be written

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

sudeeptandon
6 - Meteoroid

Hey everybody,

I have a well-defined process spread over 3 individual chained apps (each consisting of a minimum of 3 workflows). When a user intends to run a particular process, he/she goes to the desired process and then run the workflow. I wanted to combine three chained apps into a single app and then start the process from there. For example, using radio buttons the user would first select which of the processes would one want to initiate basis which the chained apps would run. However, when I am combining the three processes I am unable to configure all 3 processes' chained apps, that is, I am unable to configure what should run at the success of the workflow as defined in a chained app. I want it to be configured such that once a user selects process 1, then the chained app of process 1 should run, if the user selects process 2 then chained apps related to the process should run. 

Please suggest a method for the same. Would be really helpful. 

Labels