Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Apply Xlookup with Following condtions.

Riox078
5 - Atom

Hi Guys, I am new to Alteryx, I am struggling with excels xlookup in Alteryx. Not getting any idea how to apply in alteryx flows. I have three tables. HEAD, MASTER and ITEM.  I have made the below table (Solution Table) with applying vlookup & lookup in excel. 

The required table should be same it is given in Solution table. I have got all the required columns in Alteryx flow. But the only part I am struggling on is the xlookup part which is applied on Required Qty column for which image has been attached. Also other files have been attached.  It would be really grateful if anyone can help me with this Xlookup problem. 

6 REPLIES 6
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

Edit: I misunderstood the question see my second reply below.

See the attached workflow. You need to use the join tool to combine your tables.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@griffinwelsh 
i guess you missed the solution sheet attached
he wants to generate a now column which was generated on basis
excel lookup formula which is to be replicated in Alteryx
=IF(AND(B2="RAW_MAT",G2="KG"),(H2/100)*XLOOKUP(A2,D:D,H:H),IF(E2="X", VALUE(H2), H2+(H2*(F2/100))))

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

I guess reading isn't my strong suit today. Updated workflow that actually addresses the question is attached

Raj
15 - Aurora

@griffinwelsh 
i think you have added the old file again.

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

Thanks you're right. I updated the post with the correct workflow.

Riox078
5 - Atom

Thank yo Very much I got the Required Qty. However  there is one more column to be added in the solution i.e Component Material type i.e D column in the solution excel that I have attached. The same xlookup is applied over the column to fetch Material type and assign it to respective Component. This is very small data but Currenct data is very large around 5lakh records. I tried joining tables again but not getting required results. I am attaching the excel with added column  and required screenshot. MaterialType.png

Labels