Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I add fill colors and borders to my Excel data output? Render seems remove it

alteryxisconfusing
8 - Asteroid

I read this can be done using the table and render tools and it seems to work, but my issue is that it keeps overwriting my other sheets from my "data output" tool. 

My current flow looks like this:

Data Input = Workbook1.xlsx

Workbook1.xlsx
Sheet1WB1

Block until done > Data Output (Results.xlsx)

Then

Data Input = Workbook2.xlsx

Workbook2.xlsx
Sheet1WB2

Then

Data Input = Workbook2.xlsx

Workbook2.xlsx
Sheet2WB2

This results in the following Output

Results.xlsx
Sheet1WB1
Sheet1WB2
Sheet2WB2

a single Excel workbook with multiple sheets (desired result).

What I am trying to add:

I would like to add formatting to "Sheet1WB2", but when I use the table and render tools the entire output file (Results.xlsx) gets overwritten and only shows Sheet1WB2 with the formatting. 

22 REPLIES 22
alteryxisconfusing
8 - Asteroid

Seems like it was the "paper size" in the render tool that's leading to the issue. I put a custom size of 40x20 and that removed the issue, but now the columns in the output are too large. Is there a way to adjust the sizes of all the columns or do I have to adjust them column by column in the table tools?

alteryxisconfusing
8 - Asteroid

The only thing I added to the "blend" workflow is the raw data input that's about 2000 records that I am trying to create a crosstab/pivot table on. It seems to output the pivot table, but when the page size is too small it will cut off text from the pivot table headers or from the pivot columns. If I make the page view much larger like 40x20 it will not cut anything off, but doing this extends the column widths for all the other tabs (far beyond the column sizes they actually need).

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@alteryxisconfusing you should be able to adjust the width of the output at the bottom of the render tool configurations. 

Labels