Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How create a rule with dates?

KarenHM
7 - Meteor

HI team

I created this formula but is not working because alteryx dont consider the year, someone know how can I use this formula ?

if [Fecha recepcion DIAN]<=[Fecha inicial periodo] then "Doc before current period" elseif [Fecha recepcion DIAN]>[Fecha final periodo] then "Doc after current periodo" else "OK" endif

apparently is considering only the month no the year. 2022 is before fecha final periodo but is showing as after. 

I appreciate your support here 

Fecha recepcion DIANFecha inicial periodoFecha final periodoDIAN report del periodo?   
1/12/20238/5/20238/30/2023Doc before current period  
1/16/20238/5/20238/30/2023Doc before current period  
12/21/20228/5/20238/30/2023Doc after current periodo  
12/9/20228/5/20238/30/2023Doc after current periodo  
12/28/20228/5/20238/30/2023Doc after current periodoIT IS CORRECT 
12/21/20228/5/20238/30/2023Doc after current periodoIT IS WRONG

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @KarenHM - your 'dates' are currently in mm/dd/yyyy format which Alteryx can't work with. Alteryx can only handle ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD). We can add a DateTimeParse() function around the fields to parse them into the correct format in order to conduct the comparisons. Try the following expression and see how you get on:

if DateTimeParse([Fecha recepcion DIAN],'%m/%d/%Y')<=DateTimeParse([Fecha inicial periodo],'%m/%d/%Y') then "Doc before current period" elseif DateTimeParse([Fecha recepcion DIAN],'%m/%d/%Y')>DateTimeParse([Fecha final periodo],'%m/%d/%Y') then "Doc after current periodo" else "OK" endif
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KarenHM ,

you need to use YYYY-MM-DD dates. 

DateTimeParse([DateField],"%m/%d/%Y")

If you modify your formula and surround each date with that function, you're going to like the results.  

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
KarenHM
7 - Meteor

thanks you very much! now it is working :)

Labels