Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How can only keep the biggest amount and delete the remeaning?

weslleyroque
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys - Not sure if is possible to complete the below request in Alteryx, but here we go.

I would like to keep the highest number in the column Quantity with the highest number in the column Version and, at the same time remove the duplicates ( lowest number )

Sample.png

Outcome.png

Thanks in advance. ( I've been looking around for a solution for quite some time.. )

6 REPLIES 6
weslleyroque
6 - Meteoroid

Sample.pngOutcome.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Summarize tool would work! Group on Name and Max the Quantity & Version

weslleyroque
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks - 

How would this also work if I had extra columns for example: 

outcome2.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can add Second Name as another Group by... but I am not sure your Time column follows in the Max logic consistently. Shouldn't the Time for the second row be 17:40?

weslleyroque
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, you are correct should be 17:40.

Tbh we can use the highest version and remove duplicates, which would also help, but when I do that using the summarize tool I'm still getting the highest version plus the lowest 

The below example explains a little better what I'm looking for.

apologies for any confusion.

output3.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@weslleyroque you keep changing the parameters of the question, so it's hard to provide an answer. In addition, the logic is still inconsistent - for example, why is Time for the second row now 13:00 and not 15:00?

To best help, please provide the data in an attachment (not a screenshot) so we can easily work with the values, and consistent logic to determine what needs to be kept.

My suggestions from above should still hold - adding Second Name as another Group By and Time as a Max should do the trick. If not, please provide what it is doing and what you're expecting.

Labels