Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How Handle Output tool when file is open

danmendo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

The issue is, I have some files in a shared folder, i am using Alteryx to refresh and update those files daily, some people work with those files and there are the situation: 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

If anyone have some file open, the process cannot execute properly, and show me this message, how i can handle that?.

I have my process without Sharepoint, i tried use Sharepoint tool because i think this maybe solve this situation, but not.

So the question is, there are a option to handle that from Alteryx?.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
egiordano
5 - Atom

follow conversation.

p.s: i was thinking to implement this solution as well, thanks for saving me some time 😁

rohityaman
8 - Asteroid

I don't think this will be possible in Alteryx, because in order for Alteryx to update data in target file, it needs to have autonomous control of the file.

However, an alternate solution is to create a copy of the output file, link this copy with the output and share this copy with the whole team to work on. Later on, any changes made by the team can be incorporated in the output file if required.

Here are some links to help with this:

create replica of an excel and link it with source to update frequently 

How to Automatically Update One Excel Worksheet From Another 

Labels