Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Needed with Full Join

Vineet003
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm working on an Alteryx workflow where I'm processing data through multiple containers to create new columns based on specific conditions. I need to perform a full join to compile all this information into a single table without losing any values. I have tried couple of things but i am not getting the output that i desire... Here is an exmaple of the desired output

Please help :)

roproductsubmission_target_datesubmission_lbe_datesubmission_actual_dateapproval_target_dateapproval_lbe_dateapproval_actulal_dateoverduemissing
RO -6SolarFlare2/9/202412/18/2024 10/13/202311/22/20237/23/2024TRUEFALSE
RO -7NanoShield6/11/20244/9/2024  12/30/2024 TRUETRUE
RO -8TurboBlaze11/22/20248/4/2024  11/15/2023 TRUETRUE

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vineet003 
I would like to comment as below

1. we can use the Multi-Column tool for the conversion of DateTime, rather than 6 DataTime tools.

2. We can combine the Filter and Formula tools with the conditional statement in one Formula tool.

Hope I understand you correctly.

0520-Vineet003.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Vineet003 ,

If you want to check if each transaction is "overdue submission" or "overdue approval" or "mising information", you can add boolean fields without joining.

(FYI: For conversion of date to Date type on multiple columns, you can do it at once with Multi-Field Formulat tool.)

I hope this helps.

Workflow

1274489_Workflow.png

Formulat Tool: for Status Checks

Overdue Submissions = [submission_lbe_date] < [date_report_created] AND IsNull([submission_actual_date])

Overdue Approvals = [approval_lbe_date] < [date_report_created AND IsNull([approval_actulal_date])

Overdue = [Overdue Submissions] OR [Overdue Approvals]

Missing Information = (

(NOT IsNull([submission_actual_date]) AND IsNull([submission_lbe_date]) AND IsNull([submission_target_date]))
OR (NOT IsNull([approval_actulal_date]) AND IsNull([approval_lbe_date]) AND IsNull([approval_target_date])))
OR (IsNull([approval_target_date]) OR IsNull([submission_target_date]))

Vineet003
7 - Meteor

Thank you both @Qiu and @Yoshiro_Fujimori . I can't believe how simple this is. I am  laughing at myself looking at my original workflow 🤣

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vineet003 
Good to know it works.
No need to laugh at yourself.
There is always time that we just need a bit hint to get out the stuck, no matter how good your skills are.

Have a good day.

Labels