Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP

Inactive User
Not applicable

Can someone please help me to build a formula and get the desired output (Column F). I want to build a formula that will allow me to use oldest to newest NOL against my liabilities.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Inactive User,

I've gone down the dynamic route to ensure if more NOL columns come in they will still be captured rather than statically referencing them in a formula tool.

JonathanSherman_0-1638992059080.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

In a scenario where the number of your columns isn't going to change you could simply hardcode them into a formula tool, however I think the first dynamic approach would be best in your case.

JonathanSherman_0-1638992278626.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thanks Jonathan. It worked. Just have another question. do you know any simple way to show which year's of NOL we are using and which year left? for example on the data set i attached, based on that 200 left from 2020 and we used 2019 and 2018. is there any way I can show which year I am using? @Jonathan-Sherman 

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

What result would you be looking for in this example? And what's the logic to get there?

Inactive User
Not applicable

@Jonathan-Sherman  thanks for your help. for my last question I just used formula tool to get the answer I need 🙂 thank you so much for your help

Labels