Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HELP! How to generate a sheet output (using table) in a case when even no data passes

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow in which 3 sheets are created in a single workbook as a final output.

All 3 corresponding flows (have table tool, header, layout, formula tool to create sheet name and then union to combine), then layout and render to create a final output.

Every once in a while we get some datasets which create no records for 1 particular flow so the table gets 0 records and so on. So, the formula tool and beyond doesn't create a sheet with that particular name (In other words only get 2 sheets).

I want that all 3 sheets to be created, even if no data comes to table tool and all the headers of the table tool which I have selected get into that output sheet even with empty records below as there is no data.

Any helpl appreciated. (Tried using generate rows tool but ig it doesn't work that way)

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

I believe that one way of dealing with this is by unioning a text input with the same headers (for each table), and a null row. This will create a final sheet just with the headers.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 154834.png

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, worked like a charm.

Labels