Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting error 'The system cannot find the specified file' on the Email tool.

Glopez76
7 - Meteor

Good morning, community.

Hoping that someone can help.

I have a simple workflow in Alteryx Designer that creates an output file and emails it as an attachment.  

The Formula tool creates a dynamic variable that it is used as the file name and the Email tool should identify the file to be attached based on that dynamic variable.

The file is successfully created, however, I am getting the error message 'The system cannot find the file specified'.

The AMP engine is not being used.

Output tool.jpg

Email tool.jpg

Formula Tool.jpgWorkflow.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Glopez76 it should get saved in the path mentioned in your variable DynFilename variable, you can also check the result window where you will see the file name saved.

Glopez76
7 - Meteor

I found those files.  Thank you.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

tl dr - but you need to generate your file first (output data) and then read it in (email). you also need to connect both sides to the block until done.

Glopez76
7 - Meteor

Yes, thank you, @apathetichell.  That was another design flaw that I needed to correct. The workflow seemed to be working without the Output tool being connected to the Block Until Done tool but I'm thinking the Email tool was emailing a certain amount of records but not the entirety of them. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@Glopez76 - if you are appending data to the excel file - yes. that's possible.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels