Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gallery - Excel Download

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I want to provide option to an user to download a standard excel template on Alteryx gallery.

I already built an interface app where user can browse an excel file. Before working on filling the excel template, I also want to provide user an option to download an excel template so they can fill and download.

AlteryxGallop_0-1683275700704.png

Please advise if this is possible

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JDong , you could do this with the Blob Input and Blob Output tools:

FinnCharlton_0-1683277802705.png

• The Blob Input tool inputs the Excel template file as an object.
  • The filter is connected to a check box, allowing the user to choose whether or not to download the template.
  • The formula allows the user to choose where to save the template.
  • The blob output tool saves the template in the chosen location.

Hope this helps!

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@JDong , can you tell it to ignore the warning and open it anyway? As it is an app, open it from Designer itself.

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton  Works but what I wish to achieve is to directly show a pre existing template as default and provide user option to download. So it could be more like a 1 click option. On download user can populate the template and Browse and run the same within my workflow is that possible to show more like a default?

AlteryxGallop_0-1683278673529.png

Instead of the file browse it can just show a default excel as template

Thanks

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@JDong there is no way to download a file just from the Interface without running a workflow, so the stages would need to be split into separate chained apps:

1. First app allows the user to download the template. On completion, the second app immediately loads.
  2. Second app allows the user to upload the filled template and does the rest of the work.
JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @FinnCharlton 

For some reason I am unable to configure and download a template.

AlteryxGallop_0-1683705571399.png

AlteryxGallop_0-1683705826973.png

In the first blob I configure the network path with my excel, later in the blob I configure the destination path.

When I run as analytical app I cannot seem to download the default template...should the checkbox be selected?

Please advise

JDong
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton Anyway to get this working...I see bytes on the false filter. The true filter is empty

Am I making any mistake?

AlteryxGallop_0-1684494625703.png

Thanks

Labels