Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy matching records with incomplete addresses

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

HI All, 

I am drawing a blank and cant think of a best way to do this. 

I am  trying to find duplicate records under the same parentid, (For simplicity lets say there is always 2 records rows for a given parentid.)

However i have a  scenario where one record has no address information, and the other has address information 

i have played around and was able to group them together , by applying the exact match on the "parentid" & "name".

I would like to create an additional column, which identifes the record with the most address records populated,  ( i will use this flag as my master record, when performing a merge)

ParentIdIdnameBillingStreetBillingCityBillingStateBillingPostalCodeBillingCountry
0013a00001pjAM5AAM0013a00001sLScoAAGVodafone     
0013a00001pjAM5AAM001f100001T9KnkAAFVodafone1 High StreetSeattleWashington98104United States
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

When you said "I would like to create an additional column, which identifes the record with the most address records populated,  "

Did you mean "the record with the most address fields populated?

Would Transpose then Summarize tools do the trick?

Screenshot 2023-10-05 082228.png

Chris

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Here is one way to perform this without necessarily creating additional testing fields to determine which one is the parent. Assuming the ParentID is the primary key field and we don't have instances where the address information is different as we transition to different Id records, this will return the results you are looking for.

1. Solution.png

Labels