Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Logic Matching Issues

Ryan_Myers
7 - Meteor

Help!

I have what I thought was a great use of the Fuzzy Logic tool but I am having a hard time getting any useful results from it.  Here is my issue.  I have a list of Item SKUs and descriptions that I am trying to match up to a list of SKUs and Descriptions from a different system.  I am trying to map the SKUs on the Billing System SKU tab to the SKUs on the Billing Item Master tab. There are two ways to go about this.  In some cases, the SKU numbers themselves have some commonalities that could allow for partial matches but most will not be able to be match in this way.  The other way to match these is by the descriptions.  I was hoping to use the fuzzy match tool for this but the results it is creating are less then helpful and i am not sure what i am doing wrong.  I feel like the string length of the description may be causing issues with the fuzzy matching logic.  Has anyone used the fuzzy match to find commonalities within longer strings of data?  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  

0 REPLIES 0
Labels