Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fullpath is missing from the sharepoint input tool files option?

PH_80
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve data from the latest file in a sharepoint library with the sharepoint input tool. When I come to the dynamic input tool I get stuck since the fullpath is missing?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
PH_80
7 - Meteor

2024-01-22_10-05-36.jpg

niklas_greilinger
9 - Comet

Hi @PH_80 ,

I had a similar issue and could solve it by using a batch macro with just a connected Sharepoint Tool inside. Here you can change the Filename with the control paramter of the macro. If you want, I can share the macro with you. 
PH_80.png

Best Regards

Niklas

PH_80
7 - Meteor

Hello Niklas,

Thanks for your reply. I would really appreciate if you could share the flow, since I have never used macros before.

So basically once a month a new file will be uploaded to the Sharepoint library and I need Alteryx to pick the latest file for further processing in my workflow.

Thank you very much!

niklas_greilinger
9 - Comet

Hi PH_80,

of course! I included the Workflow package. You will need to log on to the first SP Input Tool and the one in the Macro itself. The first Tool is just for reading in the List of Full Paths. Inside the Macro you will connect to a specific file (does not matter which one). In the Action tool you then just configure it to Update Value and change the value for path. On the bottom you have to check the "Replace a specific string" and type in the Filename you just specified.
PH_80_1.pngPH_80_2.png

If you have any questions just let me know.

PH_80
7 - Meteor

Hello Niklas I think you forgot to upload the workflow?

Thanks!

Labels