Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula For Assigning Benefits Effective Date

katherinetdavita
8 - Asteroid

Hello-

I'm building a workflow to generate an eligibility file and I need either a formula and/or filter to capture benefits eligibility date based on Hire Date, then only send those that are eligible on the date the file is generated.

Criteria for eligibility is first day of the month following one month of employment

I've looked at some other posts for date time add but am struggling and on a deadline.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@katherinetdavita perhaps something like this could help. You may need to tweak the filtering logic at the end:

Sample input:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1680203394788.png

Adding one month to the hire date:

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1680203406908.png

Some filtering logic:

BS_THE_ANALYST_2-1680203426690.png

Last step (if you want this one). You could send those eligible people an e-mail, or you can just output the file as a CSV etc:

BS_THE_ANALYST_3-1680203483721.png

katherinetdavita
8 - Asteroid

Hi- Thanks for this, but the eligibility is a little more complicated than just adding a month.

For example, if an employee's hire date is today, 3/30/23, they are not eligible until 5/1/2023

But if their hire date is 4/1/2023, they're eligible 5/1/2023

I'd also rather not have to change the filter date when it runs weekly, but instead filter based on the eligibility date and run date.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @katherinetdavita 

Check out the below.

I hope you find it helpful - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1680229248706.png

katherinetdavita
8 - Asteroid

Wow, this is so cool. I'm going to try it out later today! Thanks so much!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You're most welcome @katherinetdavita!

Labels