Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fist time learner Alteryx

chautran
5 - Atom

Through learning Alteryx, I discovered I like it because it is easy to learn the drag and drop tools. One can prepare, blend, and analyze different data sources in minutes instead of days.

Alteryx specialize in self-service analytic with an intuitive user interface.  These analytics can be used as extract, transform, load (ETL) tools within the Alteryx framework.  The product work with multiple data sources and perform complex analytics, including predictive, spatial, and statistical.  Tableau uses drag and drop form that is similar to Alteryx for analytic data. Question I have, what are the differences between Alteryx and Tableau?

1 REPLY 1
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Tableau is more focused on visualization and exploring the data. Tableau also currently have a built ETL tool called tableau prep, but it is less flexible then Alteryx. If your goal is to create an excellent visualization, the tableau is a great tool to go.

Alteryx is used to connect different data sources. Clean the data. Filter out data that isn't required. Perform complex calculations to shape the data to answer your business problems. You can automate processes with it or create applications that will improve processes across the organization you are working for. You can also use predictive packages to build in Alteryx to predict the future.

There is no clear answer about which tool is better. Both of them are working well together, and it would be great if you could use both simultaneously as both of them have a different goal in mind.

Labels