Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First Macro - Changing part of a Sharepoint Connector Input Tool

SideOfRanch
8 - Asteroid

I want to change out the configuration of a sharepoint connector. Specifically, change the "List - Value" parameter of the Sharepoint connector input tool using a text input into a macro.

I dont have a way to upload files or images so I'm going to do my best to explain my current Macro.

[Macro Input] --[ Action Configuration (Update Value) -> Sharepoint Input Tool -> [Macro Output]

I *think* the issue is the green connector on the macro input is connected to nothing. I tried a Dynamic Input tool but it wont allow sharepoint connection.

I get the error  Macro Input (4) Macro Input cannot be used as a question input for this action type.

Is this possible? I dont want to keep wasting time if I'm trying the impossible.

1 REPLY 1
Adrian_T
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @SideOfRanch,

It sounds like you should be looking at the Text Box Tool instead of the Macro Input Tool, with the Action Tool set to Update [List]. You can then connect a Macro Output Tool at the back in order to save it as a macro.

Here is an example of what your workflow should look like:

Adrian_T_0-1655963421099.png

Labels