Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

First Macro - Changing part of a Sharepoint Connector Input Tool

SideOfRanch
8 - Asteroid

I want to change out the configuration of a sharepoint connector. Specifically, change the "List - Value" parameter of the Sharepoint connector input tool using a text input into a macro.

I dont have a way to upload files or images so I'm going to do my best to explain my current Macro.

[Macro Input] --[ Action Configuration (Update Value) -> Sharepoint Input Tool -> [Macro Output]

I *think* the issue is the green connector on the macro input is connected to nothing. I tried a Dynamic Input tool but it wont allow sharepoint connection.

I get the error  Macro Input (4) Macro Input cannot be used as a question input for this action type.

Is this possible? I dont want to keep wasting time if I'm trying the impossible.

1 REPLY 1
Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @SideOfRanch,

It sounds like you should be looking at the Text Box Tool instead of the Macro Input Tool, with the Action Tool set to Update [List]. You can then connect a Macro Output Tool at the back in order to save it as a macro.

Here is an example of what your workflow should look like:

Adrian_T_0-1655963421099.png

Labels