Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering multiple Alteryx files if they contain certain tool

Viwi
5 - Atom

I have approximately 1000 Alteryx files saved in different subfolders at different levels of one folder, say "C:\temp". What I need to do is filter those Alteryx files that contain a certain makro.

I know how to read in one Alteyrx file as xml (read as csv with delimiter "\0") and can then easily filter for that specific makro. Also, I know how to use the directory tool to read in all ".yxmd" files in "C:\temp" and have as output a column with the path of all Alteryx files in that folder. I do not understand though how to combine these two, that is loop through all Alteryx files from that one column and mark which contain the makro and which don't. 

Thanks a lot in advance for any support! 

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Viwi 
If I understand you correctly, you need a Dynamic Input tool.

Capture1c.PNG

Viwi
5 - Atom

Thank you, that works well for a few files but then it says "schema is different compared to schema from first file" and throws an error. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Viwi If you are getting the different schema error you need use the batch macro instead of dynamic input tool and then apply the filter mentioned by @Qiu . you can follow the below post for more details

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Viwi
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot, the batch macro works with the different schemas! 

Labels