Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering multiple Alteryx files if they contain certain tool

Viwi
5 - Atom

I have approximately 1000 Alteryx files saved in different subfolders at different levels of one folder, say "C:\temp". What I need to do is filter those Alteryx files that contain a certain makro.

I know how to read in one Alteyrx file as xml (read as csv with delimiter "\0") and can then easily filter for that specific makro. Also, I know how to use the directory tool to read in all ".yxmd" files in "C:\temp" and have as output a column with the path of all Alteryx files in that folder. I do not understand though how to combine these two, that is loop through all Alteryx files from that one column and mark which contain the makro and which don't. 

Thanks a lot in advance for any support! 

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Viwi 
If I understand you correctly, you need a Dynamic Input tool.

Capture1c.PNG

Viwi
5 - Atom

Thank you, that works well for a few files but then it says "schema is different compared to schema from first file" and throws an error. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Viwi If you are getting the different schema error you need use the batch macro instead of dynamic input tool and then apply the filter mentioned by @Qiu . you can follow the below post for more details

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Viwi
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot, the batch macro works with the different schemas! 

Labels