Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filtered results not summing correctly

mmelcer
5 - Atom

Hi All! New to Alteryx, creating my first workflow based on one I previously developed in another tool, having issues with  filtered totals. In short, I create a pivot table and added row & column totals. After creating the pivot table I filtered out certain rows. The filter tool output displays the correct records but the column total includes counts for all of the rows, including those that are filtered out. My only guess as to why this is happening is because the Total row generated during the creation of the pivot table displays a static value (from all of the records) and is not not dynamically summing the rows appearing in the filtered result. Is that correct? To get around this issue I created the initial pivot table without the row/column totals, and then after filtering the results unpivoted the data (using transpose), then re-pivoted it again and added the row/column totals during this second pivot. Appreciate any thoughts or feedback. Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @mmelcer 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels