Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter with zero rows is not excecuting subsequent steps

Vineet003
7 - Meteor

Hello !

I'm not sure if i am doing something incorrectly but when my filter tool results in zero rows, it is not executing the subsequent steps.

Scrrenshot1.png

How can i get this to run ?? 

Thank you !!

__PRESENT

6 REPLIES 6
kamal03
9 - Comet

Hi  Vineet003

It seems no rows are matching the filter criteria, which is why subsequent steps aren't executing. I have attached the Excel ss with filtered rows, let me know if I mistakenly understand your question.

why not working.png

Thanks

Kamal Sharma

Vineet003
7 - Meteor

Hello @kamal03 ,

That is correct but i would still like to run the last formula i.e. IF [Count]= 0 THEN "There are no overdue response(s)" ELSE "Overdue response(s)" ENDIF

I am using this workflow to create various pieces for adding in the body of an email. How can i accomplish this ? I was thinking that even though the filter return 0 rows it would execute the subsequent steps

Thank you for helping !!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vineet003 
I think you are saying that the Summarize Tool will not count Zero record.

If you think this should be improved, you should raise an idea here.  😂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

2024-01-19 133914.png

TiwariVaishali
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Vineet003  

The workflow does execute, but there are zero records that meet the following criteria - i.e no reports are overdue yet.

If you are running this in the gallery and would like a report no matter if reports are overdue or not, suggest outputting via a reporting tool 

That said I suggest you review the filter formula - the below may help for easier debugging

[Due Date 2] < DateTimeToday() AND
DateTimeYear([Due Date 2]) NOT IN (2020,2021,2022)
AND IsNull([Submitted Date 2])

I am uploading my proposed workflow below . Hope it helps

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Vineet003 

As an alternative approach, FYI.

录制_2024_01_19_13_44_29_298.gif

Vineet003
7 - Meteor

You Sir @flying008  are amazing. Thanks a lot :D 🙌

Labels