Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Filter with zero rows is not excecuting subsequent steps

Vineet003
Meteoro

Hello !

I'm not sure if i am doing something incorrectly but when my filter tool results in zero rows, it is not executing the subsequent steps.

Scrrenshot1.png

How can i get this to run ?? 

Thank you !!

__PRESENT

6 RESPUESTAS 6
kamal03
Cometa

Hi  Vineet003

It seems no rows are matching the filter criteria, which is why subsequent steps aren't executing. I have attached the Excel ss with filtered rows, let me know if I mistakenly understand your question.

why not working.png

Thanks

Kamal Sharma

Vineet003
Meteoro

Hello @kamal03 ,

That is correct but i would still like to run the last formula i.e. IF [Count]= 0 THEN "There are no overdue response(s)" ELSE "Overdue response(s)" ENDIF

I am using this workflow to create various pieces for adding in the body of an email. How can i accomplish this ? I was thinking that even though the filter return 0 rows it would execute the subsequent steps

Thank you for helping !!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vineet003 
I think you are saying that the Summarize Tool will not count Zero record.

If you think this should be improved, you should raise an idea here.  😂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

2024-01-19 133914.png

TiwariVaishali
Asteroide

Hi @Vineet003  

The workflow does execute, but there are zero records that meet the following criteria - i.e no reports are overdue yet.

If you are running this in the gallery and would like a report no matter if reports are overdue or not, suggest outputting via a reporting tool 

That said I suggest you review the filter formula - the below may help for easier debugging

[Due Date 2] < DateTimeToday() AND
DateTimeYear([Due Date 2]) NOT IN (2020,2021,2022)
AND IsNull([Submitted Date 2])

I am uploading my proposed workflow below . Hope it helps

flying008
Magnetar

Hi, @Vineet003 

As an alternative approach, FYI.

录制_2024_01_19_13_44_29_298.gif

Vineet003
Meteoro

You Sir @flying008  are amazing. Thanks a lot :D 🙌

Etiquetas