Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter or Formula to export into different worksheets

geeklarokcmie
8 - Asteroid

For the below data - I'd like to use a filter or formula for the input data and have the desired output:

(Please note the the values in browser/application columns may be (alphanumeric with special characters)

Input

Issuesbrowser/applicationOwner
1ChromeGoogle
2FireFoxmozilla
3Edgemicrosoft
4IEMicrosoft
5powerappsmicrosoft
6drivegoogle
7safariapple

Output

1ChromeGoogle
2FireFoxmozilla
5powerappsmicrosoft
6drivegoogle
7safariapple

Once the above is achieved I'd like to output the data into separate worksheets - an example below:

Worksheet 1

3Edgemicrosoft
4IEMicrosoft
5powerappsmicrosoft

Worksheet 2 

1ChromeGoogle
6drivegoogle
12 REPLIES 12
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@geeklarokcmie Just filter out the fields that you don't want then use the output tool and configure like the attached workflow

image.png

geeklarokcmie
8 - Asteroid

Appreciate your response.

However, the input data has various values in applications/systems column and only three owners tied to various applications (ex: Jane Doe, John Doe, Jill Doe).

I want the desired output to have all the three owners along with only specific applications from John Doe. How is that achieved?

Also, how can I export the data based on a value in column to different worksheets? 

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@geeklarokcmie use a formula tool with file path of where you want it saved filepath/ + [owner(or other field you want to split into) ] + .xlsx|||sheet1

And then use the output tool saying get filepath from field

geeklarokcmie
8 - Asteroid

Appreciate your response.

But the formula tool is requiring an output column? And when I add the below formula it runs into the error :

filepath//C:\Users\JohnDoe\OneDrive - AE\Pro - T\SN + [owner(apple)]+ .xlsx|||sheet1

ErrorLink: Formula (5): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/*/*/ta-p/741733?utm_source=designer&utm_medium=resultsgrid|Parse Error at char(0): Unknown variable "filepath" (Expression #1)

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

create a new field and call it filepath or anything you fancy

geeklarokcmie
8 - Asteroid

Files are being output as separate excel files. How can I output them as different sheets in the same excel workbook? 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@geeklarokcmie Can you provide a sample file with your expected result?

geeklarokcmie
8 - Asteroid

INPUT:

NumberApplicationGroupOwner
1Chrome - ProductionGoogleJohn Doe
2EdgeMicrosoftJill Doe
3Iphone - ProductionAppleJill Doe
4Drive - ProductionGoogleJohn Doe
5PowerAppsMicrosoftJohn Doe
6FireFoxMozillaJane Doe
7SafariAppleJane Doe
8TikTokTikTokJane Doe
9LinkedINLinkedINJane Doe
10SnapChat-Model SnapChatJohn Doe

I'd like to output a result based on the above input - when the owner is John Doe but the applications does not contain the following values "Chrome", "Drive" and "SnapChat"

OutPut:

2EdgeMicrosoftJill Doe
6FireFoxMozillaJane Doe
7SafariAppleJane Doe
8TikTokTikTokJane Doe
9LinkedINLinkedINJane Doe

Then, I'd like to export the output based on the group into same worksheets on the excel workbook:

Sheet1:

2EdgeMicrosoftJill Doe

Sheet2:

7SafariAppleJane Doe
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@geeklarokcmie I put all the sheets in one Excel workbook

image.png