Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter data based on the output values of another filter

jvalk005
5 - Atom

I need to look at data at a state level and any state that has net aggregate amount of less than zero needs to be filtered out and treated differently. Currently I have a Summarization tool that Groups by State and then Sums the amount. Then I put that through a filter tool to break out which states are less than 0. I need to use the states that output as less than zero as a filter for the original pre-summarized data. For example from my summarized data and filters described above I have determined that TN and KY are in aggregate less than zero so going back to my original data set before any summarization, I want to be able to filter the data so TN and KY transactions are separated from the rest. I How can I get those states to be values to filter by in my transactional level data?

1 REPLY 1
wesley18mendonca_
7 - Meteor

Hi @jvalk005 ,

You can use a filter and to link to your original data using Join tool using the State field as a key to link these tables. And so you going to have all data that you need for states which have amount  < 0. 

That´s what you want ? I attached a workflow sample. 

example.png

Labels